We love solving problems. We work across sectors and countries.
We’ve built an inclusive and highly collaborative culture that brings out the best in everybody. We share our successes. We encourage continuous learning and actively work together to inspire innovative thinking and continuously evolve our designs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented QAT Analyst to join our ambitious and talented team at an exciting time as we continue to grow our business.
This role is integral to our technical function. You’d be designing and executing test plans and carrying out exploratory testing as part of a broader risk-based approach.
It would be your job to look for flaws and weaknesses in our technical deliveries, making sure everything we do is fully functional, reliable and user-friendly so we can continue to give our clients the very best products and services.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Functional Testing - You will analyse changes to the development of products and services and plan design. You know how to run and manage appropriate tests to ensure that requirements have been fully met. You understand and can identify the most effective techniques, data sets and tools to use. You can communicate defects or trends clearly to software developers, outlining how defects are identified and the possible causes. You can design, or provide assurance for, appropriate risk-based end-to-end system integration test models. You can design and execute test cases using standard testing techniques. You can come up with different business scenarios for a feature, working with others in the team.
- Non-functional Testing - You know how to analyse changes to or the development of products and services. You can plan design in a non-functional environment. You know how to run and manage appropriate non-functional tests to ensure that requirements have been fully met. You understand and can identify the most effective techniques, data sets and non-functional testing tools. You can execute non-functional test scenarios and identify defects. You can run non-functional tests others have written and know the processes to do so. You understand a range of standard non-functional testing techniques.
- Test Analysis - You can visualise, articulate and solve complex problems and concepts, and make disciplined decisions based on available information. You can apply logical thinking, gather and analyse information using comprehensive tools and techniques, use data to formulate both short-term and long-term strategic plans, identify and analyse options, and assess feasibility and operational impact. You know how to ensure that the business solution aligns with the vision, mission, objectives, strategy and the business and user needs. You can identify and recognise a viable solution or control. You can identify simple patterns and trends. You know how to investigate problems and opportunities in existing processes and can contribute to recommending solutions to these. You know how to work with stakeholders to identify objectives and potential benefits.
- Defects – you can identify and manage defects through to resolution.
What does the right person mean to us?
You’ll need to:
- Have a good breadth of technical knowledge - You know about a range of tools and techniques for test automation. You will have some demonstrable technical attributes
- Be a strong collaborator – working closely with our delivery teams
- Have domain and business knowledge
- Take a business and operational view when analysing the product/system under test
- Have great attention to detail
- Be proactive – identifying problems and translating these into solutions and actions that can be widely understood
- Have a solid understanding of agile principles and methodologies, including workflows and ceremonies
- Have a “never-stop-learning” attitude and a desire to develop and grow
- Have been part of an agile development team and favour open communication, constant feedback and short decision paths
What we need from you:
Your attitude is your most important personal attribute, but we’d also like you to have a few years relevant experience in a QAT analyst role within a technology business.
In return we can support you with:
- 1 to 1 mentoring and investment in your learning development and wellbeing
- A competitive salary and generous profit share scheme
- A company pension scheme
- Best-in-class IT hardware of your choosing
- 26 days annual leave plus statutory UK bank holidays
- Understanding that work is just one part of your life
- A great culture and regular social activities
Our Application Process
It's essential that you read the following section carefully and submit all of the information we are looking for. If you don’t, we won’t be able to consider your application.
Naturally we’d like to see your CV, and please let us know what your current notice is and what your salary expectations are.
Should you then successfully get through our CV review, we will invite you to an initial conversation. As part of that discussion, we would like you to inspire us by preparing a short (max 15 minutes) presentation that answers the following four questions:
- Why do you want to be part of our company, and culture?
- What motivates you in your role?
- Which aspect of this role is likely to be most challenging for you?
- How can you help us develop and grow as a business?
We look forward to receiving your application!